7.1.10

Vieira to join City - Mancini spots a bargain


Patrick Vieira is all set to become Roberto Mancini's first signing at Manchester City, providing the French International passess a medical at the club. Vieira is currently out of favour under Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan, and has decided that to prolong his career, a move to England is required.

For Vieira, the choice is a simple one. He wants to play for his country again, and the only way he can do that is by playing on a regular basis.

"I set an objective for myself. I want to go to the World Cup. The important thing for me is to go to Manchester City and to show the coach (Roberto Mancini) I'm the same player as when he was in charge of Inter."

Vieira's always been a very loyal Footballer. He served Arsene Wenger and Arsenal remarkably well, and I don't think anyone can argue that he is sorely missed by all Gunners' supporters. I'm sure he'll receive a standing ovation whenever he returns to the club with City, and I'm also sure that the signing of Vieira will be a big boost to the fortunes of Manchester City, when it comes to winning trophies.

He may be 33 years old, but Vieira is still a top class player. He was a fantastic servant to the Premier League, and a real winner. Getting him on the cheap is certainly a great piece of business from Mancini and the directors at City, although with Vieira being out in the dark at San Siro, it was a good time to make an enquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment