19.5.10

Ballack only has himself to blame


I’m not a huge believer in fate and things ‘meaning to turn out the way they do’, but I do believe in the common saying ‘what goes around comes around’. It’s not by any kind of divine intervention, or some force from above, but things usually come around to bite you in the backside, and whilst it’s all very sad that our beloved Michael Ballack will miss out on what is probably his last chance of playing in a World Cup finals, he had it coming to him sooner or later.

Kevin Prince Boateng’s badly-timed (or well-timed, depending on where you come from) tackle on Germany’s skipper has got the ageing Chelsea star in a bit of a huff, so much so that he claims he’s contemplating legal action against Boateng, who incidentally will potentially be facing up against the Germs in South Africa in a matter of weeks. There’s also the possibility that his half-brother, and Manchester City target Jerome Boateng will be involved in that game too. It’s all very complicated. The fact is, Ghana’s very own KP has the facts all right, and as far as I’m concerned, Bollock hasn’t got a leg to stand on. Literally.

Here’s what Boateng had to say about the incident:

"There is my foul on the one hand, and his slap on the other, and I think that violent conduct is far worse than a foul. Ballack really does surprise me. He complains for weeks when (Lukas) Podolski slaps him and yet he does it himself… What kind of behaviour is that? When I hear that, I can see that he has two different ways of seeing things. Can his captain slap whomever he wants? That was clearly violent conduct. If I had done that, I would have been banned for two years. That is why I left the Germany setup to represent Ghana."
Pretty fair stuff from Boateng there. The point clearly being that you can’t moan and winge about something and then go and do exactly the same to someone else. What goes around comes around Michael. See you in South Africa! Oh no.. That’s right. We won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment